Monday, June 14, 2021

Heartbreak

Its been a week since I said to the vet "go ahead" and let her go.
My choice  was to keep my 16 year old Pomeranian alive, put her through a variety of tests, then load her with medications. and when I said "will she have a quality of life?" to the vet, he answered with a response no pet owner wants to hear "No"  And I could barely utter the next two words "Go Ahead".  

I myself tell my kids if I am at a place in my life and I have no quality of life let me go. I have signed a living will so they are clear that's what I want. So if that's what I want for me I needed to give that gift to my furry child as well.

The vet said  he would make the same choice. A friend with me nodded her head in agreement. And my furry child died in my arms and took my heart with her.
As I write this the tears are rolling down my face and I am in so much emotional pain. More then I could have imagined.
Yet my mind told me I did the right thing, she had a rough ten days and had been having difficulties for a year before. One day she couldn't stand up. In the last couple weeks she had really gone down hill. Keeping her going was a selfish choice on my part, letting her go was an act of love.

The journey of grieving began and I was about to learn an awful lot  about grieving and the choices I made.

I am going to insert some quotes. Most I found on Google/ This one was especially true and meaningful to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sunday 7 weeks now

 My baby, I am  still in such pain from your passing. I don’t cry as much  but I’m missing you today as I do every day. The toughest time is...