Monday, June 14, 2021

A Very Painful Loss

 

Anyone who’s ever had their beloved pet pass away knows that losing a dog is one of the hardest things you can go through. Research shows that saying goodbye to your favorite furry child is just as hard – if not sometimes more difficult – than the death of a human.
                                                                                                                 

I read that quote and thought wow, Ive had a lot of losses in my life, but I dont remember feeling this kind of pain, since my Mo girl died 17 years ago. I had her 12 years and after grieving her for six months,  I said I wont do this again, it was too hard to feel the heartbreaking pain of losing her. 

But another few months passes and at the prodding of a friend I adopted Roxie.
Mo girl and I were  together twelve years, Roxie was with me 16 years. She was my life. I did everything i could to give her a good life.  I cooked all her meals, she slept on the pillow next to me. We traveled together. As she got older she had cataracts and couldn't see well at all. But if I got up and moved to another room she was right there a few minutes later looking for me. And if I was in the bathroom and came out it was like I was gone for a few hours and she was so happy to see me.

How can you your heart not break knowing you have lost that kind of  love and companionship in your life?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sunday 7 weeks now

 My baby, I am  still in such pain from your passing. I don’t cry as much  but I’m missing you today as I do every day. The toughest time is...