Saturday, July 3, 2021

Almost a month

July 5 it will be a month since my precious furry baby is gone. Tears fill my eyes, amazingly the  pain isn't as severe as it was. I think I am going to live. The last four weeks I didn't want to live or go on without her, the pain and the loss so great.

I have been reading, talking and sharing my grief with whoever is a willing listener. All of that has helped reduce the pain a tiny bit. Enough that I can breathe and feel hope that i will survive.

I said to a friend this morning when we were talking about the pain "that's the price we pay for the unconditional love we get and are gifted to give."  Of course, tomorrow I could cry all day, but for just today a bit of relief from the overwhelming feelings of intense pain.
 
I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who said she still cries over the loss of her Candy and Missy who passed 11 years ago. We did shed some tears together that they are no longer here in our lives.   

That's all for today, just wanted to share there is hope that time will reduce the pain a tiny bit at a time and enough to breathe and entertain the thought that maybe someday I will open my heart to a furry baby again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sunday 7 weeks now

 My baby, I am  still in such pain from your passing. I don’t cry as much  but I’m missing you today as I do every day. The toughest time is...