Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Spoke too soon

 I got up on Monday morning and some thing I looked at triggered a memory and I was off and  crying again, feeling that pain again. I told myself to allow my heart to feel the feelings. 

It was a great example of how this grieving process doesn't have an expiration date. It’s a process and some days you do good and you think oh I’m really getting better and then other days it’s like the first day all over again and you cry and you hurt and you’re in pain. 

However the times in between seem to be a bit longer.  I’m hopeful, that with time those moments, won’t be as often as they are now.  I suspect that when a memory gets triggered the pain will slap you unexpectedly, and you have to be patient with yourself, minimize expectations, embrace another round of grief and remember it’s part of the process. 

You will work through it, as painful as it may be. Have hope, faith and believe the current feelings will lessen, at least till the next time. 

I believe this experience  is making me a stronger more empathetic person and able to offer hope to others like those who have suffered before me, offered hope to me.

My thoughts are with you. 

“Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.”

– Vicki Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Sunday 7 weeks now

 My baby, I am  still in such pain from your passing. I don’t cry as much  but I’m missing you today as I do every day. The toughest time is...